Access our funds
What financial help can I get to develop my idea?
UCL researchers can access a number of funds to help you develop and commercialise your technology. To apply for any of the funds, contact your business manager, who can advise you on the application process.
UCL Technology Fund
The UCL Technology Fund (UCLTF) invests in intellectual property (IP) commercialisation opportunities arising from UCL’s world-class research base. It is managed by AlbionVC in collaboration with UCL Business (UCLB). UCLTF has a unique approach, and a long-term and progressive attitude to funding, with direct access to follow-on investment:
- IP commercialisation opportunities arising from UCL’s research base.
- Particular focus on the physical and life sciences.
- Support for innovations with potential for outstanding societal and market impact.
- Early-stage proof-of-concept funding, development funding to achieve successful licensing outcomes, and funding for spin-out companies to take opportunities through to market.
Social Ventures Proof of Concept (POC) Fund
The Social Ventures POC Fund provides funding and support for UCL researchers who want to commercialise their research for societal benefit. Focus areas include new learning approaches using technology, resources to improve wellbeing, management of long-term conditions, social issues that can be addressed by artificial intelligence and data, security and crime science, and online access to services for underserved populations. It offers:
- Up to £20,000 in funding for emerging social ventures arising from UCL research.
- Access to business planning support, and IP advice.
For more information about the Social Ventures POC Fund, contact Ana Lemmo Charnalia.